Audenshaw School has an enthusiastic, committed and hard-working Prefect Team. They often demonstrate how committed they are by attending and assisting with the numerous events held outside of the regular school hours such as, parents evenings, open evenings, year 9 options evening and many more. Prefects are expected to show resilience and tolerance on a daily basis while on post as they help assist members of staff at both break and lunch.
The Senior Prefect team, in particular, have a great responsibility in the School. They manage all the other Prefects by monitoring who each on post each day and organise Prefects for school events. In addition, the Senior Prefect team have organised and planned many charity events including Active Audenshaw and currently in preparation for our next event 'The Chase'. They have independent meetings once a week and then plan and host whole prefect team meetings following on from any issues raised this only shows how committed they are to creating a positive school environment.
To become a Prefect, then you need to complete an application form which is available from Miss Hopkins.
What have the Prefects achieved so far?
- Successfully organised two collections for Tameside Food Bank
- Collected over a 1000 presents for Royal Manchester Children Hospital.
- Assisted on charity events such as Poppy Day and Active Audenshaw
- Oversea the little picking in the school
- Help the School Council members to run school initiatives such as recycling
- Attend meetings every week to discuss improvements to the Prefect Team.
- Maintain the display boards around the school